Happy July Parents!
As you may or may not have heard, Grace Lutheran is looking at starting a Youth Group for Kindergarten-5th Graders this fall. We have created a short survey (less than 2 minutes to complete) to help us gauge interest and get preferences on times, etc. Here is the link to the survey:
If you would complete this survey for us by July 15th, 2019, it will help us to make decisions based on your needs and wants. Please feel free to forward this email to other parents of children who may be interested or of whom we do not have an email address for. Also, I have attached an informational sheet from the meeting we held a few weeks ago if you would like more information before you fill out the survey. If you have any questions, please you can contact myself or Brooke Penn (email@example.com).
Thank you for helping us to serve you better!
Director of Faith and Family Ministries
Grace Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls
Sunday School for ages 3 through adults is held each Sunday at 9:15 am during the school year. 3 yr. olds through 5th grade learn Bible stories which relate to the preaching text for each week. Middle schoolers have a three-year rotation learning the Old Testament, New Testament, Life of Martin Luther and about prayer and worship. High Schoolers have a faith discussion format, and adults do a variety of Bible studies.
Splash Ministry is a monthly mailing sent to families when a child is born. The Splash packets continue each month until children begin Sunday school and provide ideas for parents to begin faith learning with even these youngest of God’s beloved children.
Milestone Ministry recognizes faith milestones in the life of Grace Lutheran children and youth. Students are recognized for their learning by receiving a stone. Milestones include:
- Baptism and Recognition of Baptism
- 3 year-old receive story Bibles to begin to learn and love God’s Word.
- 4 year olds receive prayer pillows to help them learn to pray.
- Kindergarteners learn the Lord’s Prayer
- 1st and 2nd Graders learn the 10 Commandments
- 3rd Graders receive a Bible
- 4th Graders learn about what God did for them in Baptism
- 5th Graders learn about the Sacrament of Holy Communion
- 10th Graders are confirmed.
- 12th Graders are recognized on their graduation.